1. Ask about our move-in specials
2. Learn about discounts for prepaying six-month and one-year leases
3. Don't store what you don't need
- Throw Away
4. Make the Best Use of Your Space
Best Use of Your Storage Space
The following tips will help you make the best use of your locker space and insure safe and secure storage for your belongings:
- Rent the smallest amount of space you need and pack the unit full
- A box for everything and everything in a box is the best protection of your goods. Use uniform sizes and boxes and stack them shoulder high to maximize your total locker space.
- Prepare your unit by placing plastic on the floor under your goods. Be sure the plastic laps up over the walls a few inches on every side.
- Leave a small air space between the goods stored and the locker walls.
- Store lightweight small items around the back of the locker. Move large, heavy items into storage last.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Protect your mattresses, sofas, and chairs with specially designed plastic covers.
- Cover the entire load with a light plastic cover.
- Use a good quality lock on your locker door. Cheap locks rust.
- Insure your goods while in storage. Ask the manager about self storage insurance at reasonable rates.
- Keep a list of all items in storage as well as pictures, and descriptions. The Moving Kit is ideal for this purpose.